Insurance Coverage and Defense
King, Krebs & Jurgens has a significant insurance practice involving the representation of insurers and their insureds in a wide range of matters. Our advices are sought directly by insurers, via insurer third party administrators, and by insureds with self-insured retention agreements. The firm provides coverage advices and related representation in coverage litigation, including bad faith claims, extra contractual liability issues and class actions. We also have vast experience representing insurers in all manner of casualty and property disputes, from the common to the complex.
The firm has long and close business relationships with its insurance clients. We not only handle individual claims in a smart and diligent manner, but work with our clients to develop strategies that reflect their broader, enterprise-wide goals. In other words, we listen – we view our insurance clients as partners in the process of determining coverage and defending lawsuits.
Among the many types of insurance matters we regularly handle are:
- Advertising injury
- Bad faith and extra contractual
- Catastrophic/disaster claims and related mass litigation
- Class actions
- Commercial general liability
- Errors and omissions
- First and third party property damage
- First and third party personal injury
- Insurance agency/broker policy procurement
- Insurance fraud (personal injury and property/arson)
- Life, health and disability
- Oilfield Operations – property and injury
- Products liability
- Premises liability
- Toxic Tort/Asbestos
Louisiana Claims Handling Guide
The firm is proud to have been invited by the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM) to co-author the Louisiana section of the CLM's Claims Handling Guide for the convenience of those in the Insurance Industry.