Joseph A. Devall
Joey Devall is an attorney in the firm's New Orleans office and practices in the areas of products liability, personal injury defense, admiralty and maritime litigation, insurance coverage defense and bad faith litigation, general casualty defense, corporate transactions and vessel documentation. His practice includes representing companies and their insurers in the marine, health care, and oil and gas industries. He also advises clients in a wide variety of contracts, including charter parties, service agreements and supply contracts, and advises business owners on corporate organization, governance, succession and ownership matters.
Joey is admitted to practice in the state courts of Louisiana, the federal district courts in Louisiana and Texas, and the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Representing maritime companies in defense of Jones Act and LHWCA claims.
- Representing companies in defense of personal injury claims and employment claims.
- Representing maritime companies in drafting and negotiating service agreements and charter parties.
- Advising companies and business owners on corporate organization, governance, succession and ownership matters.
- Validity and Enforceability of Seaman's Release
- Don't You Forget About Me . . . Include Insurers in List of Indemnified Groups
- The Definition of "Rest" and Towing Vessel Work-Hour Limitations
- Legal Definition of a Vessel: That Certain Unnamed Gray, Two-Story Vessel Before S.C.O.T.U.S. – Part 2
- Legal Definition of a Vessel: That Certain Unnamed Gray, Two-Story Vessel Before S.C.O.T.U.S. – Part 1
PUBLICATIONS & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Comment: Whether Federal Rule of Evidence 803(3) Should Be Amended to Exclude Statements Offered to Prove the Subsequent Conduct of a Nondeclarant: Guidance from Louisiana, 78 Tulane Law Review 911, 2004.
- Tulane Law Review, Associate Editor, 2002-2004